FOREUM Foundation for Research in Rheumatology is directed and supervised by an international Board of Trustees comprising renowned researchers and scientific experts in rheumatology.
An international Executive Committee defines the strategic agenda for FOREUM, coordinates operational aspects and evaluates and decides on funding of peer-reviewed research proposals. The committee also includes a patient representative.
An international Scientific Committee of experts from relevant fields of rheumatology acts as an advisory body for all scientific and methodological aspects. The committee includes patient and health professionals representatives.
The organisational structure thus ensures that FOREUM fulfils a need in rheumatology research and acts according to the highest standards and ethics of scientific research.
Board of Trustees
- President: Prof. Gerd Burmester, Germany
- Vice-President: Prof. Paul Emery, UK
- Prof. Hans Bijlsma, the Netherlands
- Prof. Jiri Vencovsky, Czech Republic
- Dr. Julia Rautenstrauch, Switzerland
- Chair: Prof. Oliver Distler, Switzerland
- Treasurer: Ulf Müller-Ladner, Germany
- Assoc. Prof. Carina Boström, Sweden
- Dr. Elsa Sousa, Portugal
- Prof. Tore Kvien, Norway
- Prof. Seza Ozen, Turkey
- Ms Codruta Zabalan, Romania
- Non-voting members ex officio:
- EULAR President
- Board members
- Chair Scientific Committee
- Chair: Prof. Rik Lories, Belgium
- Assoc. Prof. Annette de Thurah, Denmark
- Prof. Kimme Hyrich, UK
- Prof. Carlo Salvarani , Italy
- Prof. Jérémie Sellam, France
- Prof. Xavier Mariette, France
- Dr. Diane van de Woude, Netherlands
- Prof. Lucy Wedderburn, UK
- Ms Heidi Bertheussen, Norway
- Ms Ana Vieira, Portugal