How to apply
FOREUM Call for research proposals on Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA)
Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a particularly challenging rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease (RMD). While being in the shadow of rheumatoid arthritis for many years, scientific interest in PsA has gradually risen. But the current knowledge on the pathophysiology, clinical presentation and diagnosis & treatment of PsA is still limited. Acknowledging these unmet needs FOREUM announces a call for innovative ideas and projects to increase our knowledge in PsA in order to instigate high-quality research in this severe and under-recognized disease in Europe.
FOREUM seeks to support projects in the following areas:
- Studies that improve understanding of the pathophysiology of PsA and help to define the nature of its various disease manifestations
- Investigations that allow better characterization of the different disease stages (e.g. early disease) and subsets (e.g. oligoarticular disease) of PsA.
- Development of methods that help to define the disease course of PsA (e.g. residual disease activity, disease progression, damage, etc.)
- Concepts that improve the overall management of PsA patients (e.g. treat-to-target, comprehensive disease management, digital medicine)
- Approaches that foster the development and/or implementation of feasible and useful methods for comprehensively monitoring disease activity and the functional state of PsA patients
FOREUM primarily encourages collaboration across Europe and therefore requires multi-center project applications involving partners from at least three different countries.
Timeline for this call:
Call is closed