FOREUM Foundation for Reseach in Rheumatology is directed and supervised by an international Board of Trustees comprising renowned researchers and scientific experts in rheumatology.
An international Executive Committee defines the strategic agenda for FOREUM, coordinates operational aspects and evaluates and decides on funding of peer-reviewed research proposals. The committee also includes a patient representative.
An international Scientific Committee of experts from relevant fields of rheumatology acts as an advisory body for all scientific and methodological aspects. The committee includes patient and health professionals representatives.
The organisational structure thus ensures that FOREUM fulfils a need in rheumatology research and acts according to the highest standards and ethics of scientific research.
Board of Trustees
- President: Prof. Josef Smolen, Austria
- Co-President: Prof. Steffen Gay, Switzerland
- Prof. Ferdinand Breedveld, Netherlands
- Prof. Maxime Dougados, France
- Mr. Heinz Marchesi, Switzerland
- Chair: Prof. Paul Emery, UK
- Treasurer: Prof. Jiri Vencovsky, Czech Republic
- Prof. Daniel Aletaha, Austria
- Prof. Chris Denton, UK
- Prof. Angelo Ravelli, Italy
- Mrs. Diana Skingle, UK
- Prof. Carina Boström, Sweden
- Non-voting members ex officio:
- EULAR President
- Board members
- Chairman Scientific Committee
- Chair: Prof. Georg Schett, Germany
- Prof. Francis Berenbaum, France
- Prof. Dimitrios Boumpas, Greece
- Prof. Loreto Carmona, Spain
- Dr. Caroline Ospelt, Switzerland
- Prof. Carlo Salvarani , Italy
- Dr. Michaela Stoffer, Austria
- Prof. Lucy Wedderburn, UK
- Mrs. Codruta Zabalan, Romania