The project started in Feb 2017.
Soluble biomarkers indicative of bacterial translocation in SpA
- lipopolyaccharide binding protein (LBP) is upregulated in axial SpA patients compared to controls.
- there is no difference between nr-axial SpA and AS and no difference between BASDAI high and low.
- In patients from GIANT cohort (Belgium) LBP serum levels were significantly higher in patients with chronic gut inflammation compared to patients without gut inflammation.
In transcriptome analysis of CD14+ monocytes 956 Affymetrix probe sets were differentially expressed between axSpA patients and HC (Berlin). Coexpression analysis with reference transcriptomes found an overlap with responses trigged by LPS and TNF and G-CFS mobilization as well as late myeolopoesis.
Mechanism of translocation in HLA-B27 tg rats
- HLAB27tg rats spontaneously develop colitis as indicted by infiltration of CD3+ T cells.
- mRNA expression data of colon epithelial cells suggest dysregulation of tight junction molecules in HLA-B27 tg rats. The differences are verified on protein level.